Red Clay Interactive is looking for an account manager with at least 4 years of experience. Our team-oriented environment will challenge you as you work to solve marketing issues with creativity and technology. If you love leading clients and herding cats, we want to hear from you.
The Senior Account Manager in Account Leadership position begins the transition into strategic planning within the Account Leadership department. Many of the job responsibilities are consistent with an Account Manager role and must be upheld; however, this position manages multiple relationships with the clients, leads/develops initial strategic input and sets expectations for project delivery. Additionally, a Senior Account Manager is responsible for overseeing and leading effective relationships across agency departments and industry relationships. The Senior Account Manager should interact with clients and internal partners as both an effective project manager and strategic partner who helps clarify and develop project objectives, identify challenges, and guides the creation of strategies and metrics for success. This person will be responsible for both leading small to medium-sized projects and acting as day-to-day support on larger strategic projects.
This leader ensures that relevant information across groups (client-side, creative, marketing, customer engagement and development) is communicated and translated into specific actions. The Senior Account Manager should demonstrate an understanding of the client’s business (objectives, risks and strategies) and its marketing goals, applying them to strategic direction for projects. Risks and dependencies will be communicated to the internal team and the client as necessary. Senior Account Managers must identify opportunities for incremental growth. They should have a get-it-done mentality because a key component of this role is translating strategy to execution and being ultra-responsive. Working directly with the Supervisor or Account Director, they are responsible for ensuring success across all functional teams and overall client delivery. Financial responsibilities include tracking billing and expenses for the jobs and accounts managed. Must be prepared for a fast-paced environment and be comfortable making decisions.
- Ensuring Operational Excellence on the accounts managed.
- Maintains and grows knowledge of clients’ business and industry.
- Keeps team apprised of competitive activity.
- Directs team relative to clients’ business goals and objectives to inform projects.
- Focus is on client projects or brands, directing execution of projects (80%) and mining new opportunities (20%).
- Day-to-day client contact.
- Directs team in execution of project deliverables.
- Proactive thought leadership around areas of interest and new opportunities.
- Participates in key client meetings.
- Financial management responsibilities include reviewing SOWs, projections and billing for brands managed, review monthly billing spreadsheets with clients.
- Status meetings.
- Brand/Project briefings.
- Cross-agency partner meetings.
- Presentations of Red Clay work.
- Regularly meets with and informs Supervisor and/or Director on status of projects, direction and client relationship.
- Can work effectively with a variety of internal disciplines and business groups, including Creative, Customer Engagement, Marketing and Development teams.
- Detail-oriented, a strong communicator and an effective presenter with skills necessary to develop effective presentations.
- Team player with strong intrapersonal and organizational skills.
- Can think and operate with strategic orientation in addition to task/project management.
- A passion for continuous development of cross functional knowledge and skills in today’s marketing landscape (media, creative, technology, mobile, social, brand management).
- Can lead cross-functional teams and participate in and navigate cross-agency collaboration.
- Manages up and knows when to escalate internal and/or client concerns.
- Passionate about exceptional work that also exceeds client expectations and needs along with positively contributing to agency bottom line.
- Can help mentor and support career development of team members.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field.
- Established ongoing annual campaign experience on agency and/or client-side managing large-scale marketing projects.
- Digital marketing experience is necessary.
Red Clay is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.