Digital Summit 2011 was awesome. Two days of great discussion with 900 of our interactive comrades-in-arms on a variety of topics from Social Media to Advanced SEO, UX design to AdWords and everything in between. Ask anyone and they would have summarized the entire 2 days of seminars with two words. Mobile First.
Why was mobile such a hot topic. Consider the following
- 3X as many smartphones being activated every minute around the world than there are babies being born (source Read Write Web)
- 38% of US Adult cell phone users access the internet from their phone. (source Mashable)
- In 2010, Amazon transacted 1 billion in revenue from a mobile device (source Amazon.com)
- What all of this means is that mobile internet use is on the rise and now is the time to pay attention. Remember the days when people said email was a fad, now think about how many emails you have already sent today. Mobile and tablet devices are changing the way people interact, communicate, socialize, choose restaurants and do everything else in their lives. They will also change the way we all do business whether we like it or not.So be prepared. Arm your campaigns with the weapons of success. Here are a few things to get you started thinking mobile first.
- What does your website look like when you go to it from your iPhone?
- Can you access your website’s navigation, and browse content with out a lot of zooming and scrolling?
- Can someone easily find your phone number, directions, or other “at your fingertips” information from your website?
- Do you know what a QR Code is?
- Have you considered offering an incentive for “checking-in”?
Find out more in our blog post on about the different types of Mobile Website Development